Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Virginia Tech

I would be remiss if I returned to blogging today and did not mention the horrible tragedy that happened on the campus of Virginia Tech. I won't go into detail, you've that already from traditional media outlets, but in my current location, I pick up the same stations that Blacksburg picks up (out of Roanoke), and, just to give a sense of enormity to this, there has literally been no other news other than updates about the massacre on the news tonight. I was watching the FOX 21/27 out of Roanoke and it was all about the shootings. Nothing tops this story, here in the Roanoke area, or really anywhere else. The major political story of the day, Alberto Gonzales' testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee, was postponed. Nothing else could have happened today that would have upstaged the events in Blacksburg - the worst mass shooting in United States history. GCB's thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims tonight.